Autumn Moroccan Mushrooms with Couscous
22 September 2016
We think this Moroccan mushroom dish is perfect for the cold and chilly autumn evenings.
You can find more recipes like this at Just add mushrooms.
- 30ml/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 450g/1lb mixed open and closed cup mushrooms
- 1 (400g) can chick peas, drained
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 45ml/3tbsp harissa paste
- grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 45ml/3tbsp chopped flat parsley
- couscous to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and sauté over a medium heat for 4mins. Add the mushrooms and sauté for a further 5mins until the mushrooms are browned.
- Stir in the chick peas, tomatoes, harissa paste and lemon juice. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 8mins. Remove the lid and season to taste.
- Mix the lemon zest and parsley together. Serve the mushrooms with couscous and a scattering of the lemon and parsley.
Read more from RecipesView All
9 December 2020
Why The Planet Loves Mushrooms And You Should TooThere are so many ways in which mushrooms have a positive impact on our natural environment. ...
20 November 2020
Mushrooms... an underrated ingredientTo us, mushrooms are a very underrated ingredient, not only are they tasty and offer so much depth...
10 November 2020
Lemony CarbonaraWe’ve teamed up with @JustAddMushrooms to help encourage everyone to use up their mushrooms and...
24 September 2016
Sweet Chilli Mushrooms with Halloumi CheeseSweet chilli mushrooms, topped off with halloumi cheese and served on the side with rocket salad...