Sweet Chilli Mushrooms with Halloumi Cheese
Sweet chilli mushrooms, topped of with halloumi cheese and served on the side with rocket salad makes the perfect dish for your dinner party starter or as light snack.
You can find more recipes like this at Just add mushrooms.
- 8 flat mushrooms
- 4 tbsp chilli flavoured or extra virgin olive oil
- 150g halloumi cheese, sliced
- 4 -6tbsp Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce
- rocket salad leaves to serve
- Heat the grill to high. Place the mushrooms gill-side up on a grill rack, brush all over with the oil and season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook under the grill for 5 mins until the juices start to run.
- Top with the halloumi cheese slices, then return to the grill and cook for a further 4-5mins until the cheese is golden and crisp. Arrange two on four serving plates and spoon a little chilli sauce over each. Serve with the salad leaves.