Spinach, Mushroom, Avocado and Bacon Salad
Mushrooms are sometimes overlooked when it comes to salads, but they add lots of extra flavour and texture.
For the salad:
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 (100g) bag salad or baby spinach
- 150g/5oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
For the dressing:
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 10ml/2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 5ml/1tsp clear honey
- Cook the bacon under a hot grill for 6-8mins, turning once until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper before snipping it into bite sized pieces.
- Empty the spinach into a large serving bowl, add the mushrooms, avocado and bacon. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve straight away with a good sprinkling of ground black pepper. Serve with crusty bread.