Data Privacy Notice for Candidates
Monaghan Mushrooms is committed to ensuring that you know exactly what we do with the personal information that you provide to us, why we gather it and what it means to you. This document is being provided to you in line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is in force from 25 May 2018. From that date, the GDPR will introduce changes which will give you greater control over your personal information.
Please take time to read this notice carefully. If you have any questions about how we use your information, please contact HR.Sharedservices@monaghan-mushrooms.com
This document explains the important aspects of how we use your information and what rights you have in relation to your personal information.
2. The information we hold about you
The Company must hold your personal data so that we can process your application for employment with us. We will hold:
- Data to identify you including your contact information – name, postal address, telephone numbers, email address
- Right to work documentation – for example visa and work permit
- Interview notes
3. When we collect your information
You give us your personal information on an application form or CV, via our website or we may collect personal information from another source such as Job Boards and Recruitment Agencies.
4. How we use your information and the legal basis
We will collect your personal data and will use it for the purposes of processing your employment application. The legal bases we rely upon to process your application for employment are:
- Legitimate interest
- Legal obligation
5. Who we share your information with
We may share your information with:
- Relevant employees in the Monaghan Mushrooms Group including the Hiring Manager, the Interview Panel and members of the HR Team
6. How long we hold your data
We do not keep applicant personal data for longer than 1 year, unless successful in employment.
7. Implications of not providing your data
If you do not provide information we may not be able to:
- Enter into an employment contract with you
- Provide requested products or services to you
We will tell you when we ask for information which is not a contractual requirement or is not needed to comply with our legal obligations.
8. Individual Rights
You have the right to:
• be informed about data that is held
• access personal data
• have accurate/incomplete information corrected and updated;
• in certain circumstances have your information deleted or our use of your data restricted;
• in certain circumstances exercise the right to data portability
• withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on consent
If you wish to exercise any of your data rights please contact HR.Sharedservices@monaghan-mushrooms.com
We will update our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates from time to time.
10. Right to Complain
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed you may in the first instance contact HR Shared Services on HR.Sharedservices@monaghan-mushrooms.com or 00 353 (0) 47 38257.
If you remain dissatisfied then you have the right to complain directly to the following agencies:
ROI – Data Protection Commission: +353 (0)57 8684800
UK – The Information Commissioner: +44 (0) 303 123 1113
The Netherlands – Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens: +31 (0)70 8888500
Germany – Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information: +49 (0)228 997799 0