R&D Compost Initiatives
- Microbiological Augmentation of Mushroom Compost to Improve Yield, Quality and Flavour of Mushrooms (MACY).
- NEMiC- the Nutritional Enhancement of Mushrooms through Compost
Both these R&D initiatives of Monaghan Mushrooms are co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and Enterprise Ireland under the Border, Midland and Western Regional Operational Programme 2014-2020.
- To develop and validate a series of accurate methodologies to monitor the quality of compost in terms of nutrient availability for the mushroom
- To improve the efficiency of mushroom composting by shortening the process.
- To increase the productivity of mushroom compost and increase mushroom yield
- To produce a mushroom substrate using innovative and proprietary processes that lead to nutritionally enhanced mushrooms
- Increase in revenue from increased compost production and yield of mushrooms
- The development of a range of naturally nutritionally enhanced mushrooms