Marinated Mushroom Kebabs
Mushrooms are delicious when marinated in some simple ingredients and cooked on a barbecue. In this easy recipe, adding mushrooms to a traditional chicken kebab helps add extra flavour and texture.
You can find more recipes like this at Just add mushrooms.
- 450g closed cup mushrooms, trimmed & wiped
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 3 mixed peppers, cut into large cubes
- 75ml olive oil
- 45ml balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms, chicken and peppers and stir until well coated. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thread onto 8 skewers alternating the mushrooms,chicken and peppers. Cook on a sheet of foil on a medium hot barbecue (or under the grill) for about 6-7 minutes on each side.